Cthulhu

[Suggestion] Cthulhu lcg variant multiplayer

« Older   Newer »
kriss06
view post Posted on 26/10/2011, 16:00

Hello everybody

I think since many months this game should have a variant for multiplayers.
I'm thinking we can use a multiplayer variant with some update to make a mechanic near common "board" game

I recently discovered a Mtg variant called "commander" based on multiplayer and a special card you can play when you want (the commander).
You must build your deck with only cards x1 , but you can put all basics lands you want.

So this is my suggestions based on the Mtg variant
- use cards x1 from ccg and lcg format
- build a deck with more than 50 cards (i don't know how many right now !)
- give a side at your deck "Myth" or "Human"
- play with 3,4,5,6 players
- use day/night as part of the mechanics

*use card x1 : you can use lot of cards you don't usually use, because some cards have similar effect but less advantage (cost for exemple). You can basically build a deck without spend lot of hours , so it's interesting to play with some friends without any deck : just chose 1 or 2 factions and put cards x1 until you have enought cards

*more than 50 cards: this variant will take more time than duel, you can have lot of solutions to win and that limit abused combo

*give a side : type determine the advantage you can grab.
with "Myth" you can use an Ancient One as "Commander". Put it in a safe zone and you can play it at your turn
with "Human" i don't decide what to do, because i have some possibility:
- use a heroic character as "Commander" , but there are few good heroics cards
- use a day card or add 1 hour to have day quickly and quit the night

*play with 3,4,5,6 players: with more players we must consider we need to win more than 3 stories or attack more than 3 stories in the board or a different way to win a stories.. actually i don't have a clear idea about it.
With more than 2 players, you can have some cooperation.

*use day/night : i imagine a clock 1-12hours and each hour means the board is in day, night or both day and night (twilight).
So to build a good deck, you can use lot of day/night cards
sometimes you can have the board without day and night : in this case the entirely board is "outer from time and space" and clock is frozen
When all players finished to play, add 1 hour to the clock and check if day/night appears
If a player play a day card, move the clock for 1 hour or more to represent day (or day/night). Make the same for night

This is test for the clock, yellow = day, purple = twilight, black blue = night
maybe it should have only 1 hour for twilight instead of 2h

clockcoc

So if you are interested about this variant, thanks to let me some comments

:)

view post Posted on 27/10/2011, 19:08

grande antico

Group:
Administrator

Thanks Kriss, we will try this EDH-like variant soon ;)

kriss06
view post Posted on 28/10/2011, 11:02

well in fact this variant isn't finish because there are some things to determinate :
- number of stories for each players
- advantage for the human side
- minimum number of cards in a deck

i use to play lot of competitive and cooperative board games so i know well the problem of "deckbuildind game" : the time spend to make a deck and the time to know all of the cards to build proper combo (or to react)
So you can't play whith friends of you if they don't usually play !

I'm suggesting a different format because each card x1 means there isn't obivious combo !, so you need only to focus on the main theme of your deck .
It's also for this reason it would be better to have more than 50 cards (with more than 1 opponent the game should be more longer so you need enought cards to play until the end!)

This variant is definitly for fun play because , even if you have a better deck, you can be opposed by 2 opponents and lose (all vs the best :P )

2 replies since 26/10/2011, 16:00   68 views